Home / Flight compensation / Flights / KL1412
If you believe you may be eligible for compensation due to flight KL1412 from Lyon–Saint Exupéry Airport (LYS) at Lyon, France to Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (AMS) at Amsterdam, Netherlands flight delay, cancellation, denied boarding or missed connection, you may successfully claim your compensation. Just do it with the help of one of the best flight claim companies from our Top 5 list.
EC 261, also known as EU Regulation 261/2004, sets out various rules and compensation guidelines for passengers who experience flight delays, including the right to be offered assistance and compensation depending on the circumstances of the disruption. You may be entitled to up to £530/€600 per person, and our flight delay compensation calculator can help you determine what you are entitled to.
Don't miss out on the compensation you deserve - get started today.
Top 5 companies to claim KLM Royal Dutch Airlines flight KL1412 delay compensation
|8.9out of 10|
Price:€75-300Visit siteRead a review
|9.0out of 10|
Price:€75-240Visit siteRead a review
|9.2out of 10|
Price:€87-300Visit siteRead a review
Best choice for 2023
|9.7out of 10|
Price:€87-250Visit siteRead a review
Value for money
|9.5out of 10|
Price:€88-300Visit siteRead a review
Instant legal help for flight KL1412 with no-win no-fee help
If you've been affected flight delay or cancellation for flight KL1412 and need legal assistance but you are concerned about the costs, "no-win no-fee" help could be an option for you. This type of legal arrangement allows you to seek representation against KLM Royal Dutch Airlines without paying any legal fees upfront. Instead, the lawyer or law firm will only charge fees if they win the case for you.
Get €600 compensation
KL1412 disrupted flight compensation
Flight delays are a common occurrence in air travel. If your KL1412 flight is delayed, you may be entitled to flight delay compensation. The amount of compensation you're entitled to will depend on the length of the delay and the distance of the flight. In general, if your flight KL1412 is delayed for more than 3 hours, you may be eligible for compensation.
Flight cancellations are another type of disruption that can occur. If your KL1412 flight is cancelled, you may be entitled to flight cancellation compensation. This compensation can cover the cost of a new ticket or a refund of the cost of your original ticket. It's important to note that if the KLM Royal Dutch Airlines notified you of the cancellation more than 14 days before your scheduled departure, you may not be entitled to compensation. Involuntary denied boarding is a situation where a passenger is bumped off their overbooked flight. If this happens to you, you may be entitled to compensation. The amount of compensation you're entitled to will depend on the length of the delay caused by the involuntary denied boarding. If you missed a connecting flight due to a delay, you may also be entitled to compensation. This is known as missed connection compensation.
However, it's important to note that the delay must be the fault of the KLM Royal Dutch Airlines and not due to extraordinary circumstances, such as bad weather. Speaking of extraordinary circumstances, if your flight KL1412 is disrupted due to an event that's beyond the airline's control, such as bad weather or political unrest, you may not be entitled to compensation. However, if the KLM Royal Dutch Airlines fails to take reasonable measures to minimise the disruption, you may still be entitled to compensation.
In the European Union, passengers are protected by Regulation EC 261/2004. This regulation outlines the rights of passengers and the responsibilities of airlines in the event of a flight disruption. If you're flying from an EU airport or on an EU airline, you're covered by this regulation. Airline passengers may receive from £220/€250 to £530/€600 per person in compensation.
Had delayed or cancelled KLM Royal Dutch Airlines flight with flight KL1412? Claim for compensation
Claim for €600 now
Flight Delay Compensation Calculator
Use our EU261 compensation calculator to calculate flight distance and to get result for compensation amount
About KLM Royal Dutch Airlines flight KL1412
KL1412 is the scheduled flight route operated by KLM Royal Dutch Airlines from Lyon, France to Amsterdam, Netherlands. The flight is also referred to as KLM3406 or KL 2018 by some reference codes. The flight has a duration of 1 hour and 45 minutes and covers a distance of about 667 miles.On average, the KL1412 flight is operated about 7 times a week with a very low cancelation rate. In the past year, the flight was only cancelled a total of 2 times out of the 470 weekly services. However, sometimes KLM Royal Dutch Airlines flights are delayed. The average delay for the KL1412 route is about 9 minutes, according to OAG's On-Time Performance (OTP) data.Overall, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines receives a Trustpilot rating of 4.5 stars out of 5. The airline is praised for its excellent customer service, punctual operations, and comfortable seating. Many passengers have noted that crew members were extremely friendly and the online check-in process was smooth and efficient. Additionally, the airline’s commitment to sustainable flying operations has been appreciated by many.
Most frequent questions about flight KL1412
How to get compensation for delayed flight?
If your flight is delayed and you believe you are entitled to compensation, here are some steps you can take:
- Keep all your travel documents: keep your boarding pass, ticket receipt, and any other relevant travel documents, as you may need them to support your compensation claim.
- Check the reason for the delay: find out the reason for the delay, as you may only be eligible for compensation if the delay was due to reasons within the airline's control, such as a mechanical issue or crew shortage.
- Know your rights: familiarise yourself with the airline's policy on delayed flights and passenger rights, as well as the applicable laws and regulations in the country where the airline is based or where the flight departed from or arrived to.
- Contact the airline: contact the airline and provide them with your flight details and reasons for the delay, and ask for delayed flight compensation or reimbursement for any expenses you incurred as a result of the delay.
- File a complaint: you can file a claim with the agency, which you may choose from our Top 5 flight compensation companies list.
It is important to note that the compensation amount and eligibility criteria vary depending on the airline and the country. You may check the amount of flight delay compensation you may be eligible for by using our calculator.
Will airlines pay for hotel if flight is cancelled?
Whether or not an airline will pay for a hotel if a flight is cancelled depends on the reason for the cancellation.
If the cancellation is due to circumstances beyond the airline's control, such as bad weather, pilot strike, air traffic control restrictions etc., the airline is not typically responsible for providing hotel accommodation or compensation.
However, if the flight is cancelled due to reasons within the airline's control, such as a mechanical issue or crew shortage, many airlines will provide hotel accommodation or cancelled flight compensation to affected passengers.
It is important to check the airline's policy on flight cancellations and passenger rights (e.g. EU261), as well as to contact the airline directly to inquire about your options for hotel accommodation or compensation in case of a cancelled flight.
If you believe you are entitled to flight cancellation compensation, you can file a claim with the agency, which you may choose from our Top 5 flight compensation companies list.
How long can a flight be delayed before compensation?
The length of time a flight must be delayed before compensation is available to passengers depends on the laws and regulations of the country where the airline is based or where the flight is departing from or arriving to.
For example, under European Union law (EU261), passengers may be eligible for compensation if their flight is delayed for 3 hours or more and the delay was not caused by extraordinary circumstances such as severe weather or a security alert.
EU law applies to flights departing from an airport located in the European Union or arriving in an EU airport on an EU airline, regardless of the passenger's nationality. It also applies to flights departing from an airport located outside the EU to an EU airport on an EU airline, if the flight distance is over 1,500 km. You may check the amount of flight delay compensation you may be eligible for with our calculator.
In the United States, there are no federal regulations requiring airlines to compensate passengers for delayed flights. However, some airlines may offer compensation or travel vouchers at their discretion.
If you believe you are entitled to compensation, you can file a complaint with the flight claim company, which you may choose from our Top 5 flight compensation agencies list.
What to do if your flight is cancelled?
If your flight is cancelled, here are some steps you can take:
- Contact your airline: call the airline or go to the ticket counter at the airport to inquire about your options. Many airlines will rebook you on the next available flight or offer a refund.
- Know your rights: familiarise yourself with the airline's cancellation policy and your rights as a passenger (e.g. EU261 rights). In some cases, you may be entitled to flight cancellation compensation or reimbursement for expenses.
- Consider alternative transportation: if you need to get to your destination quickly, consider other transportation options such as trains, buses, or rental cars.
- Be flexible: if your schedule allows, consider changing your travel dates or destination to accommodate the airline's availability.
- Keep your documents handy: make sure you have your travel documents, such as your passport and boarding pass, easily accessible in case you need them for rebooking or alternative transportation.
Remember, flight cancellations can be stressful, but it's important to remain calm and patient while working with the airline to find a solution that works for you.
Why are flights being cancelled?
There can be various reasons why flights are being cancelled, including:
- Weather conditions: bad weather conditions such as heavy rain, snow, fog, or storms can make it unsafe to operate flights, leading to flight cancellations.
- Technical issues: aircraft require regular maintenance, and if a technical issue arises that can't be resolved in time, the flight may be cancelled to ensure passenger safety.
- Crew shortage: if a flight crew member falls ill or is unable to reach the airport due to unforeseen circumstances, the airline may have to cancel the flight.
- Air traffic congestion: airports and airspaces can become congested due to various factors, including high traffic volume or security alerts, which can cause flight delays and cancellations.
- Operational reasons: airlines may cancel flights due to operational reasons such as schedule changes, lack of demand, or cost-cutting measures.
It is always recommended to check with the airline before travelling to confirm the status of your flight, especially during times of unpredictable events.
What are compensation rules for delayed baggage on flight KL1412?
Document the baggage delay on KL1412: keep a record of when you reported the delay and any other relevant information: the name of the airline representative, the flight number, destination, and the contents of your luggage. Suppose your baggage is delayed for an extended period. In that case, the airline may provide you with limited money to purchase essential items, which you may need to repay after luggage recovery.
How to claim compensation from the airline for delayed baggage on KL1412 flight?
If your KL1412 luggage is delayed, you should report the delay to the airline at the departure airport or arrival airport as soon as possible. File a Property Irregularity Report (PIR) ata baggage desk. Ask the airline for a tracking number and to provide regular updates on the status of your luggage. The maximum amount of compensation would be around 1800 USD per passenger.
How much does airline pay for lost or damaged baggage on KL1412 flight?
In general, airline is liable for lost or damaged luggage on KL1412 flight and are required to compensate passengers for the value of their lost or damaged items. Compensation amount can vary depending on the airline, but is often capped by international treaties such as the Montreal Convention. The maximum amount of lost or damaged baggage compensation would be around 1800 USD per passenger.
How long does it take to get flight delay compensation for KL1412 flight?
Getting compensation for a delayed KL1412 flight from the airline may take time. The airline usually has 6 weeks to respond to your claim, but it could take longer for complicated cases. A specialized compensation company, from our Top 5 list, can assist you with your claim. These companies are experienced in handling airline compensation claims and have established procedures that may expedite the process.
What are my passenger rights in case my KL1412 flight was cancelled or delayed?
If your KL1412 flight is cancelled or delayed, EU Regulation 261/2004 protects passenger rights, including:
1. Right to information about flight disruption and passenger rights.
2. Right to assistance: food, drinks, accommodation, transportation.
3. Right to choose between rerouting or a refund.
4. Right to claim compensation for more than 3 hours dalays.
To file a claim, use a flight compensation company from our Top 5 list.
What to do if the airline not paying compensation for KL1412 flight?
If airline is not paying the compensation for KL1412 that you believe you're entitled to, seek legal assistance. You can contact a specialized compensation agency to help you with your claim - choose the best flight claim company from our Top 5 list.
How long do I have to claim KL1412 flight compensation or refund?
If your KL1412 flight is delayed or cancelled, you can claim compensation from airlines, but there are certain time limits. You have up to 3 years to claim for a delayed or cancelled flight, up to 2 years for denied boarding and up to 7 days for delayed, lost or damaged baggage. However, these time limits may depend on the circumstances of your case.
How to get compensation for delayed flight KL1412?
Get compensation for your delayed KL1412 flight by choosing a specialized compensation company from a top 5 list. Simply submit your claim through their online form, provide flight details and any relevant documentation. Wait for their response, and if eligible, receive compensation minus their fee, typically 25%.
How muchKL1412flight compensation?
EU Regulation 261/2004 entitles you to flight compensation based on KL1412 flight distance and delay length:
* Flights up to 1,500 km: £220/€250
* Flights 1,500-3,500 km: £350/€400
* Flights over 3,500 km: £530/€600
Conditions must be met, such as reason for delay or cancellation, notice given to passengers, and alternative transportation offered by the airline.
Home / Flight compensation / Flights / KL1412